Friday, February 8, 2013

Oh what a week!

Last Friday, I was at the hospital - not because I was sick but because my friend Stacy was having a baby. I have seen pictures and Laine Louise is such a cutie.
Saturday, I went on a multiple errand run and caught up with Kelly for lunch. Yummy Panera Bread broccoli soup. I started to cough and had the sniffles. We decided to get a space heater
Sunday, the cough and sniffles got worse. I stayed home and watched the Superbowl by myself. This is the fourth Superbowl since Tom and I started dating, and we have only watched one together (the Packers one of course). I am also 4-0 on picking the winners, Saints (my second favorite team), Packers (my favorite team), Giants (don't like the Patriots), and Ravens (absolutely don't like the 49ers and I was supporting our friend Colm, who is a Ravens fan).
Monday, my flu-like symptoms got much worse and that night I started throwing up pretty consistently every 30 mins until 7 am, at which point I dragged myself to the doctor, got a shot, and went to bed. Turns out I had two viral infections: a cold virus and a stomach bug. The next few days were a blur. I started eating yesterday but don't have an appetite this morning.
During my home stay, I really enjoyed The Chew, Ellen, Rachael Ray, and Jeopardy that I can remember.
It sucked to be home but not be able to take care of chores and projects.
Haven't been able to start on the Pepin project, although Tom did make some pretty good (and spicy) crockpot chilli last week. 
Tom avoided me and consistently sanitized door knobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, and the remote control. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want anyone catching what I had.
Let's hope for a better, more productive weekend. 

2 comments: