Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Finals

On my last post, I talked about how we can't find the wine that we like anymore. The second bump (that worked in our favor) is that I've been dragging my feet with invitations. They were mostly done on Monday, and I didn't have time to get them in the mail on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday night, we heard on local news that the price of stamps is going up. Not a big deal since we are using forever stamps for the outer envelope but we are using postcard RSVPs. So last night, Tom and I unsealed all the invitations, ripping a few envelopes, and added penny stamps to all the RSVPs, and re-sealed them. I am not a fan of having an Aloha shirt stamp and a Tiffany lamp stamp, but what can you do. I still haven't made a decision about cake.
Hopefully my next wedding related stuff will go better - make-up trial and dress fitting. 

So Friday finals,
Invitations are done, going to mail them this afternoon.
Scale back Alabama has started, lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks, here we go.
I made my one crockpot meal a week (this is a new resolution, make a crockpot meal a week) - I made lentils, with a twist on the Mauritian recipe. While it turned out okay after 6 hours on high, I think next time I will use the pressure cooker which only takes 20-30 mins.
My other resolution is a take on the movie Julie and Julia, one of my favorite movies of all times. For Christmas, I received the Essential Pepin cookbook from Tom's parents. If you are not familiar, here is his wiki page. I first encountered him on re-runs of Julia and Jacques Cooking at home on the Create channel and was immediately a fan. Okay, so on to the resolution. It is to try a new recipe from the book every week.
Oh and work-related final, one of my projects had very promising results that got my boss really excited. This also means that February is about to get really busy. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment