Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vacation time - weeks 4 and 5

Week 4 started off poorly, with LSU losing the national championship on Monday. But with the arrival of my sister, I was very much insulated from all the hype in the city about the Crimson Tide win. Football wise, it was a terrible week, with LSU, the Saints, and the Packers all losing this week.
Payal arrived on Tuesday night. Our daily ritual was to have breakfast together, get ready, go shopping, eat lunch out, shop some more, take a nap, eat out for dinner, drink plenty of tea.
During Payal's visit, I tried new restaurants: Silver Coin Indian Grill for girls night out, John's City Diner for lunch on Friday, and Over Easy for brunch on Saturday. Silver Coin and John's were very tasty! Over Easy, I found, was over-rated. Payal had given me a list of things she wanted to eat: Indian food (hence Silver Coin), red velvet cupcakes (obliged by Urban Standard and made a batch at home), and steak (Tom did a wonderful job, as expected!). I felt that she had to try BBQ (Jim n Nicks), Mexican food (Acapulco), Cajun food although she had it in Louisiana when she last visited. We went to Crazy Cajuns, she had the oyster poboy and did not like it. To be fair, Crazy Cajuns is very hit or miss, and this time, it was more miss than hit. We had cocktails at the Blue Monkey and mimosas on Sunday. At some point during our fantastic week, we went to the bridal place. No purchases yet.
@ Silver Coin
@ Acapulco

I hope you had fun Sis! Love you and will miss you!


The beginning of Week 5 - MLK day was spent doing laundry. Tonight I was at lab until 8:30 pm, and I find out tomorrow whether my experiment worked. So week 5 will be busy with work.
Tasty Tuesday: this week we are finding creative ways to use brats. One thing that I will try is a beer mac and cheese. The noodles are cooked in beer, the cheese sauce is a beer cheese sauce, and it's topped with brats. Not healthy, but it's oh so good! I had it in Green Bay at Curly's Pub at Lambeau field.

1 comment:

  1. Beer mac 'n cheese - sounds awesome! We may have to give that a try up here in Packerland. How was your first trip to Lambeau?

    ReplyDelete