Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions

2012 resolutions... hmm... Not much change from last year.
1. While waiting for our flight from Minneapolis to Birmingham, Tom and I grabbed a beer. And a napkin. And a pen. We scribbled a few numbers down for our savings goal for this year. We have the Alaskan trip plus any emergency travel if needs be. Oh yea, there's the wedding next year. We'll try to live off one salary or as close to it as possible. We need to get a (better) handle on our weekly grocery budget too.
   Subpart 1. When possible, I want to buy products that are Made in America, and support local businesses. We are considering joining a community supported agriculture (CSA) farm.
   Subpart 2. I follow a few couponing blogs. I think that if I can get items for free that I wouldn't use but that a soup kitchen/shelter will, I might just pick those items and donate them. 
2. Be healthy. We both need to get in shape or better shape.
3. Travel. I need three new places to visit this year. Technically only 1, since we went to Green Bay on Jan 1 but I counted that for last year's goal. Fairbanks is in the works. I'll see where my parents want to go when they come here in May.
4. Craft more. I have a lot of projects that I want to try out. Maybe try a Pinterest Challenge?
5. Making a new recipe each month. Also, I'm excited about April, which is National Grilled Cheese Month. Grilled cheese has become a staple at the house, so I want to experiment with making a new kind every week during the month of April.
6. Get the garden back. Two weeks of not tending to our garden means that everything is dead or dying. So more gardening is due.


Let's see if I'll be better about my resolutions this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment