Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweet memories

Right before leaving town for the winter holidays, I was running around trying to finish up all of our shopping. We wanted to keep our Xmas gifts (mostly) local. I had found Alabama Goods (http://alabamagoods.com/) online and decided to go there. It is located in the neat Homewood Downtown Strip, which I had never walked in the 6 years that I have been in Birmingham. Here comes the cheesy part: Tom came with me as we strolled the strip in the early evening. We walked hand in hand, and he was very supportive of me checking out all the stores. It was such a sweet moment for us, turning something so banal into something romantic-ish.

As a side note, this is how we found a signed copy of Night Night Birmingham (http://www.mynightnight.com/2011/05/night-night-birmingham.html), a kids book written by a local, and that talks about features of the town. Great gift for Baby Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment