In the garden, I did some rearranging last week to consolidate. The gladiolus never produced blooms so to the trash they went.The lettuce from seeds never progressed more than 4-5 leaves and they have been discarded as well. After our aphid problem earlier this year, I was very skeptical about our peppers (hence I haven't shared any of my plants this year :( ). I found Hannah's shop, it's about 20 minutes out of town, and remembered that they had neem oil. After two applications about 3 months ago, I haven't seen another aphid. Anyway, as of today, we have 9 jalapeno peppers on the plants, plus plenty more flowers. Tom and I have talked about making our own pickled jalapenos, or even some form of hot sauce. Maybe Xmas gifts? We have yet to try them out and see how hot they are. A mysterious plant (I lost the tag while transplanting) turned out to be bell pepper. We have a small pepper on that plant right now, and I'm watching it very closely. I still have a mysterious flowery plant, no flowers on it yet. We had our first marigold flowers. I'm trying to rehabilitate the marigolds that almost died while we were in Boston. The petunias were doing great, until my rearranging and some of them are not doing too well. I'm hoping that I can still save them. I'm watching the Zinia very closely and giving it some TLC. It has gone to almost dead to producing two flowers so far. I pruned the dahlias. After a few storms the top branches looked pretty beat up, and there were some new branches trying to push through at the bottom. Only time will tell how the plants will change over the next weeks. Sunday, August 7, 2011
Garden recap
In the garden, I did some rearranging last week to consolidate. The gladiolus never produced blooms so to the trash they went.The lettuce from seeds never progressed more than 4-5 leaves and they have been discarded as well. After our aphid problem earlier this year, I was very skeptical about our peppers (hence I haven't shared any of my plants this year :( ). I found Hannah's shop, it's about 20 minutes out of town, and remembered that they had neem oil. After two applications about 3 months ago, I haven't seen another aphid. Anyway, as of today, we have 9 jalapeno peppers on the plants, plus plenty more flowers. Tom and I have talked about making our own pickled jalapenos, or even some form of hot sauce. Maybe Xmas gifts? We have yet to try them out and see how hot they are. A mysterious plant (I lost the tag while transplanting) turned out to be bell pepper. We have a small pepper on that plant right now, and I'm watching it very closely. I still have a mysterious flowery plant, no flowers on it yet. We had our first marigold flowers. I'm trying to rehabilitate the marigolds that almost died while we were in Boston. The petunias were doing great, until my rearranging and some of them are not doing too well. I'm hoping that I can still save them. I'm watching the Zinia very closely and giving it some TLC. It has gone to almost dead to producing two flowers so far. I pruned the dahlias. After a few storms the top branches looked pretty beat up, and there were some new branches trying to push through at the bottom. Only time will tell how the plants will change over the next weeks.
Labels:
Garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment