I tend to be a hermit so last week was a bit more social than others.
As the apartment search continues, I found myself driving by a house that I found on Craigslist to check out the parking situation after work one evening. That place would not work for us but since this was close to where cousin Ben lives, I met up with him for a couple of drinks and food.
Then on Friday, I met up with friend Jennifer who was in town for a conference, for dinner and drinks in Boston. This time, it only took me about 50 mins to get from work to downtown. It had taken me 1h45mins when I met up with Mike, Kate, and Ben for a comedy show (Jim Gaffigan is awesome) to celebrate Kate's birthday.
On Saturday, I went back to Boston twice. First in the morning for some window shopping and then again to check out an LSU bar... yes, I found an LSU bar, and yes, it is awesome. It reminded me of my college days and the South in general. I met up with some friends from UAB and much fun was had.
On Sunday, I went back in that direction to participate in a 5K walk with work folks to raise money for Autism Speaks. It was a bit cool but I got to see the new outlet mall in Somerville and found the Christmas Tree Shop. After the race, we caught a quick lunch and you guessed it, I went to check out my favorite store.
After all this socializing, I was glad to be on the couch to play with this:
I found a yarn store on Saturday, and purchased my first merino wool skeins. If I remember correctly, the owner of the store dyed those herself. It's a variegated blue. I already made a gift out of it so it will be gifted soon, after which I will post pictures.
It is getting cold and it will be very cold soon. Too bad these amazing boots will have to be returned - these Sorels are not comfy especially with thick socks on. I don't think that I will be ordering shoes online anytime soon. I can only hope that I can find something in stores but that should be easier now that I've had input from mom-in-law and friends Anne and Megan.
As the apartment search continues, I found myself driving by a house that I found on Craigslist to check out the parking situation after work one evening. That place would not work for us but since this was close to where cousin Ben lives, I met up with him for a couple of drinks and food.
Then on Friday, I met up with friend Jennifer who was in town for a conference, for dinner and drinks in Boston. This time, it only took me about 50 mins to get from work to downtown. It had taken me 1h45mins when I met up with Mike, Kate, and Ben for a comedy show (Jim Gaffigan is awesome) to celebrate Kate's birthday.
On Saturday, I went back to Boston twice. First in the morning for some window shopping and then again to check out an LSU bar... yes, I found an LSU bar, and yes, it is awesome. It reminded me of my college days and the South in general. I met up with some friends from UAB and much fun was had.
After all this socializing, I was glad to be on the couch to play with this:
I found a yarn store on Saturday, and purchased my first merino wool skeins. If I remember correctly, the owner of the store dyed those herself. It's a variegated blue. I already made a gift out of it so it will be gifted soon, after which I will post pictures.
It is getting cold and it will be very cold soon. Too bad these amazing boots will have to be returned - these Sorels are not comfy especially with thick socks on. I don't think that I will be ordering shoes online anytime soon. I can only hope that I can find something in stores but that should be easier now that I've had input from mom-in-law and friends Anne and Megan.

YAY....yarn!!!! and boots...I do miss winter boots.
ReplyDelete