Monday, November 3, 2014

Lately

Hmm, where to begin.
Two weekends ago, I met up with Zak and Megan for the last day of apple picking. I reluctantly bought a bag to fill but we had a lot of fun. I even tried these apple donuts, which were delicious. I've been managing to eat an apple or two a day and this weekend I got a few cooking supplies to make some apple crumble and apple oatmeal. Will post pictures when (if) this happens.











Last weekend, I went to Birmingham. It was great to see the hubs and friends. Trips like these make it so much harder to come back to Boston. But I had a few things to take back with me. Take a guess... yarn! I picked up some yarn that I needed at the store and Kelly and Molly surprised me with some luxurious and soft yarn that they dyed, in my favorite color. I'm a lucky gal!
This weekend was cold and windy and overall yucky. I was supposed to check out a yarn store, go buy winter boots, and hang out with Anne. What's a girl to do but drink wine and Irish coffee and tackle chores and crafts.
It even snowed for about 5 hours on Sunday:
I finished the green potholder for my cousin's wedding present (roughly the same size, washed and dried and ready to be mailed):
 Then I decided to make a hat for me using the yarn from Kelly and Molly (it's more of a purple than a blue):
The basic hat pattern was very easy and decided to be a bit more adventurous and make a hat for my cousin's daughter in Texas as she has a birthday coming and like me, she likes pink. I hope that it will fit. The instructions were a bit more complex for the last rows and after two attempts, decided to keep it simple.


I have another skein of yarn from Kelly and Molly and I printed the pattern already so I have another project coming up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment