Monday, July 28, 2014

Crafting lately

Huh, so I'm back to doing monthly updates? I need to fix that.
I've been crafting away and have one Christmas gift almost complete. Yes, it's still July but want to make sure I have plenty of time. I also have another project that I'm doing a trial run before I invest into the supplies.
From one of these projects, I will have a lot of yarn left over, so I decided to make a pouch for my crochet hooks and tapestry needles. I (mostly) followed a pattern (http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/case-crochet-hooks) and finished this in a day after getting a head start at a new craft group on Tuesday. On Thursday, we had another craft night at a yarn store. Yay to meeting some lovely folks.











On Friday, since I still had a yearning for yarn crafts (he he he, that sounds funny to me), I stopped by Hancock Fabrics, which has now become one of my favorite stores, and bought supplies for a baby afghan. One of our close collaborators at Emory just had a baby and this was a perfect win-win. I get to relax and be a hermit over the weekend, her baby gets a blanket. I blame Kelly (and Molly) for my new addiction, and finished this in just about 3 days. I need someone to have a baby girl, there are some cute patterns that I am dying to try. Oooh, I am also getting better at reading patterns (I still have to unravel quite a lot but it's a work in progress).

Finally, these came in the mail. A very nice surprise from my awesome mom-in-law: quilted cases, one for tissue and the other for whatever I fancy. In this case, it will house my yarn scissors or maybe jewelry when I travel. These colors scream me - thank you so much Laurie! 





No comments:

Post a Comment