This weekend was different, the past week was different. I got pulled in several directions at work: I taught aspiring medical students on Tuesday and I really enjoyed it. Then I had to do bench work, which hadn't happened in a while this year. I am also helping a faculty understand some of the computer work that we do. Plus we had a few deadlines from our collaborators.
On Wednesday, I hosted craft night and managed to finish all of Nitin's (my sister's future husband) 24 boutonnieres.On Thursday, I made coconut macaroons for Tom to take to his lab meeting on Friday. We had book club on Friday night, I think of it book club with reading optional (since this was my second attendance and I hadn't the book again). We had fun, ate yummy food, drank adult beverages, and chatted the night away. I think Tom might have enjoyed having the house to himself after a stressful week at work.
Saturday was weird, I put in a full day of work - I haven't worked a Saturday since I started this position. I managed to sneak in a workout in between experiments and after work, I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get the flowers for Payal's 24 boutonnieres. I'm hoping that hers won't take too long to make. Saturday night we went to a going away party for one of Tom's soccer friends. It was a late fun night. Sunday was an easy going day. I managed to drag Tom to Pelham to pick up a gift for my sister, then we went to Party City looking for costumes for an upcoming party, and finally landed at Cajun Steamer's. I was craving crawfish and this is a decent place for Cajun food. The plan was to then walk to the theater and catch a movie but with an hour in between finishing dinner and the movie starting, we decided to just go home and be lazy. Or somewhat lazy. I tackled a few loads of laundry, and made banana nut bread. Tom doesn't usually ask specifically for food but he had requested banana bread. I also cooked some asparagus and mushrooms to go with our lunch pork chop wraps.
I think my goal as far as cooking for the next four weeks is to use up everything (almost) in the fridge/freezer. I'm also switching us to a low(-er) carb household minus the bread I just made ;) So plenty of proteins and veggies.
I'm finding it really hard to not show how excited I am about going home! My last trip was in 2009, time flies!
On Wednesday, I hosted craft night and managed to finish all of Nitin's (my sister's future husband) 24 boutonnieres.On Thursday, I made coconut macaroons for Tom to take to his lab meeting on Friday. We had book club on Friday night, I think of it book club with reading optional (since this was my second attendance and I hadn't the book again). We had fun, ate yummy food, drank adult beverages, and chatted the night away. I think Tom might have enjoyed having the house to himself after a stressful week at work.
Saturday was weird, I put in a full day of work - I haven't worked a Saturday since I started this position. I managed to sneak in a workout in between experiments and after work, I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get the flowers for Payal's 24 boutonnieres. I'm hoping that hers won't take too long to make. Saturday night we went to a going away party for one of Tom's soccer friends. It was a late fun night. Sunday was an easy going day. I managed to drag Tom to Pelham to pick up a gift for my sister, then we went to Party City looking for costumes for an upcoming party, and finally landed at Cajun Steamer's. I was craving crawfish and this is a decent place for Cajun food. The plan was to then walk to the theater and catch a movie but with an hour in between finishing dinner and the movie starting, we decided to just go home and be lazy. Or somewhat lazy. I tackled a few loads of laundry, and made banana nut bread. Tom doesn't usually ask specifically for food but he had requested banana bread. I also cooked some asparagus and mushrooms to go with our lunch pork chop wraps.
I think my goal as far as cooking for the next four weeks is to use up everything (almost) in the fridge/freezer. I'm also switching us to a low(-er) carb household minus the bread I just made ;) So plenty of proteins and veggies.
I'm finding it really hard to not show how excited I am about going home! My last trip was in 2009, time flies!

No comments:
Post a Comment