Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday blessings

I woke up this morning at my regular time and thought, I have an hour until I talk to my parents on Skype. I made a mental list of everything we needed to talk about and the errands I have to run. Then I dozed off. I woke up about 40 mins later when Tom's phone rang, and I heard him say, "Yes, I'll be there". Who would call him that early? Soccer friends? Are they trying to set up a scrimmage game for today? Tom came back to bed and I asked who it was. He said his dentist, trying to confirm his appointment for today. The following conversation ensued:
K: "Why are you going to the dentist on Sunday?"
T: "Whaaatt? Dear, what day is it?"
K: "Sunday"
T: "Oh sorry honey, it's Wednesday."
K: expletives

I managed to be late by only 10 minutes. But I count my blessings - I have a fabulous job where my boss doesn't care at what time I come in and my co-workers don't say judgmental  things (at least to my face) about my attire or hair. And I live 5 minutes away from work.

K to the lab: "everyone brought their lunch today?"
Lab: "Yes, did you?"
K: "No, I don't pack lunch on Sundays!"

ps. Sunday mornings are Skype mornings with the island folks and Sunday is usually soccer day for T.

1 comment: