First weekend recap:
Friday was very low key, mostly because work has been very busy and stressful and with bad weather moving in, it was the perfect time for a major sinus headache. Tom picked up pizza on his way home, as if he sensed that I was upset. We got caught up on all the episodes of the Walking Dead.
Saturday, I ran errands in the morning and after lunch, Tom and I ventured out, first for a stroll at Best Buy (he was looking for a game, and I love checking out appliances), then to Yogurt Mountain. We eventually ended at Publix to figure out dinner plans. Brats on the grill it was.
Sunday, was Sunday Funday. We celebrated Nate's graduation first at Courtyard (because I was craving crawfish), then to Cocina for a few Margaritas. We had so much fun! It was a great way to decompress and get ready for this week.
Last night, I attempted cooking a whole chicken, because I've always wanted to, plus I don't have to cook much this week. It was a simple recipe from America's Test Kitchen. So with the leftovers, I can give in to my cravings for this week: salad, with chicken, dried cranberries, almonds, and blue cheese. I also made some fried chips, I love our new mandolin.
Friday was very low key, mostly because work has been very busy and stressful and with bad weather moving in, it was the perfect time for a major sinus headache. Tom picked up pizza on his way home, as if he sensed that I was upset. We got caught up on all the episodes of the Walking Dead.
Saturday, I ran errands in the morning and after lunch, Tom and I ventured out, first for a stroll at Best Buy (he was looking for a game, and I love checking out appliances), then to Yogurt Mountain. We eventually ended at Publix to figure out dinner plans. Brats on the grill it was.
Sunday, was Sunday Funday. We celebrated Nate's graduation first at Courtyard (because I was craving crawfish), then to Cocina for a few Margaritas. We had so much fun! It was a great way to decompress and get ready for this week.
Last night, I attempted cooking a whole chicken, because I've always wanted to, plus I don't have to cook much this week. It was a simple recipe from America's Test Kitchen. So with the leftovers, I can give in to my cravings for this week: salad, with chicken, dried cranberries, almonds, and blue cheese. I also made some fried chips, I love our new mandolin.

No comments:
Post a Comment