I am thankful for technology. When I first came to the US, I had to buy calling cards at $20 each to be able to talk to my family for 1 hour. Now, I pay about the same for a year of unlimited calling through the magic jack. Skype is another great invention. Through Skype, my parents were able to "attend" my public dissertation defense, they get regular tours of the house and the garden, and can talk to me while I cook Sunday breakfast. My sister gets to see my latest purchases, especially if shoes and purses are involved. We do a lot of wedding planning with Skype and email. My cousin's 3 year old daughter has been able to send her best wishes for our wedding (and danced for us), and I had a Google Hangout with my BFF Grace. I have faith that I will be able to Skype with my high school BFF Angie, who is all the way out in Australia.
Being able to text both nationally and internationally has become such an important way to communicate. The latest is trying to convince BFF Laura that the spider could be relocated rather than killed, and getting pictures of BFF Susie Beth's newborn.
Words with Friends has been great too - from playing with my mother-in-law, Tom's cousin, friends, co-workers to playing with my long lost friend, Moy, who lives in Birmingham, UK.
Streaming (movies, full episodes, football games) is another activity that has become popular and helpful in our household. For example, Sunday Tom wanted to watch the night game but I also wanted to watch Revenge, which aired at the same time. So I caught up to the show yesterday on the ABC app on the iPad.
Yep, technology, you have made my life so much easier.
Being able to text both nationally and internationally has become such an important way to communicate. The latest is trying to convince BFF Laura that the spider could be relocated rather than killed, and getting pictures of BFF Susie Beth's newborn.
Words with Friends has been great too - from playing with my mother-in-law, Tom's cousin, friends, co-workers to playing with my long lost friend, Moy, who lives in Birmingham, UK.
Streaming (movies, full episodes, football games) is another activity that has become popular and helpful in our household. For example, Sunday Tom wanted to watch the night game but I also wanted to watch Revenge, which aired at the same time. So I caught up to the show yesterday on the ABC app on the iPad.
Yep, technology, you have made my life so much easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment