I am thankful for the broader scope of Tasty Tuesdays - never going without food. Family and friends have been so generous sharing their recipes and we often find unexpected sources of recipes. For example, we are planning to make a New England clam chowder, recipe courtesy of the Pump House Restaurant in Fairbanks, Alaska. The restaurant gives the recipe on their business cards if you care to ask. Uncle Mike wouldn't say it was better than what he gets in Boston, but it was pretty close.
As for Tasty Tuesday per se, no pics this week. I wasn't feeling well this weekend so Tom took the reigns. Last night I made broccoli cheese soup, tweaking a recipe that I saw on America's Test Kitchen. Since our immersion blender is out, I brought out the monster blender. I managed to drop the blender pitcher and one part broke, making it terribly loud. One more kitchen electric item that needs to be replaced. Maybe. Since the only times I use the blender is for soups and sauces (I think we have crushed ice only once since we've been together), the immersion blender might just do the trick.
As for Tasty Tuesday per se, no pics this week. I wasn't feeling well this weekend so Tom took the reigns. Last night I made broccoli cheese soup, tweaking a recipe that I saw on America's Test Kitchen. Since our immersion blender is out, I brought out the monster blender. I managed to drop the blender pitcher and one part broke, making it terribly loud. One more kitchen electric item that needs to be replaced. Maybe. Since the only times I use the blender is for soups and sauces (I think we have crushed ice only once since we've been together), the immersion blender might just do the trick.

No comments:
Post a Comment