I am not proud of this but after a busy week, this is what the craft room looked like this morning:
Here are a few things that contributed to this mess:
1. Medical exam for my residency application: I had provide my vaccination record, which mean digging through my files. I found everything I needed and I get the results this Tuesday. There is also a pile of paperwork for the rest of the application process.
2. Annual eye exam: Looking for my eye insurance card, which I couldn't find. Eye exam was fine, no changes in my prescription. The doctor said that my vision is stabilizing and that in theory my eye numbers should not change for a very long time.
3. Joann had some good 50% coupons, which meant getting wedding supplies.
4. I had leftover fabric after making the iPad pouch, so I made a small make-up bag.
5. The Pattersons are in town this weekend and I've been collecting items to put together a baby basket.
6. Birthdays! Laura's, Jen's, and Baby Julia = making birthday cards/putting together gifts.
7. Wedding crafts; invitations; also we received our save-the-dates this week. We hope to finalize our guest list in the next few weeks, and send our save-the-dates in September.
I am a firm believer in a place for everything and everything in its place. The issue at hand was that everything had a place, but nothing was in its place. Clean-up was a breeze. In merely an hour, I was looking at this:
| For Baby Morrison |
This is what happens when we forget to water our plants for a couple of days. Maybe that's why we don't have any peppers yet (They are too stressed with the heat and not-so-frequent watering). Interestingly, the marigolds that we started from seeds are less tolerant of the heat/watering issue than the ones we rescued from Lowes. I'm not worried about the peppers; an hour after watering the plants, this pepper plant had already bounced back. I also found more tomatoes.
| Jalapeno pepper plant |
| Marigold from seeds; look at the bright flowers from the other Marigold (rescued; right) |
Also, my parents and sister came back from China this weekend. They had a nice trip, visited Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, and Wuhan (where my sister was). Soon my sister will apply to be registered as a specialist with the medical council of Mauritius, and hopefully will start practicing soon. Good luck sis!
We are also very entertained by the Olympics - I did watch the Walk of Nations on Friday and cheered for Mauritius - yes, we are represented at the summer Olympics. Looking forward to the women's gymnastics event this evening and hope that the US team will do great.

No comments:
Post a Comment