In the past few months, I've been really indulging my cravings for eggplant and Brussels sprouts (not cooked together). So last Thursday I made my version of moussaka, which is layers of boiled potatoes, white sauce, broiled eggplant, and meat sauce. I really liked it. It also made for some tasty leftovers for lunch the next day. Yes, I forgot to take a picture.
On Friday, Tom said that the leftovers would be great with garlic bread. So as soon as I got home, I put the bread machine on, and made a two pound batch of dough. One for garlic bread for that night and the other for pizza some other night.
I made three variations of the garlic bread. One with just garlic and cheese. The other with garlic, chopped jalapenos, and cheese. And the last one I reworked the dough with chopped jalapenos and cheese inside it. I forgot to take pictures :(
On Sunday I made pizza for brunch, in two varieties: regular pizza (meat sauce, mushrooms, and cheese), and breakfast pizza (egg, green onions, meat sauce, deli meat, and cheese). They both turned out great but I was more impressed with the breakfast one.
On Friday, Tom said that the leftovers would be great with garlic bread. So as soon as I got home, I put the bread machine on, and made a two pound batch of dough. One for garlic bread for that night and the other for pizza some other night.
I made three variations of the garlic bread. One with just garlic and cheese. The other with garlic, chopped jalapenos, and cheese. And the last one I reworked the dough with chopped jalapenos and cheese inside it. I forgot to take pictures :(
On Sunday I made pizza for brunch, in two varieties: regular pizza (meat sauce, mushrooms, and cheese), and breakfast pizza (egg, green onions, meat sauce, deli meat, and cheese). They both turned out great but I was more impressed with the breakfast one.
We're having a pot luck on Friday at lab. The theme is St. Patrick's Day/green food. I wanted to make a potato dish but got vetoed by Chantelle. So I'm going to dye food green - in the form of mac and cheese. I'll try to remember to take pictures of that.
Oh, I gave in to my Girls Scout cookies craving, and ordered three boxes of Samoas last Friday. I've "hidden" two boxes. We'll see how long they will last.

No comments:
Post a Comment