Oh Monday! Today was spent at the Medical Towers sitting through orientation. I was running late and all I could see as I walked in the room was coffee! And the orientation leader came to talk to me and I was just going through the motions of talking without even looking up to look at the guy, who was warning me that I needed a lot of coffee to get me through orientation. Little did I know that the guy was my friend Matt (seen in this post, except without the facial hair). It was a pleasant surprise.
Anyways, among all the forms and the pamphlets was two that provided incentives to walk.
First, parking at UAB for employees costs $50 a month (the last time I paid for student parking, it was $100 a year).
Second, was Commute Smart: a program that rewards you for taking cleaner alternatives to work. For the first 90 days that I am in the program, I get $1 for every day that I take a cleaner alternative to work (in my case, if I walk to work), up to $70. After the 90 day period, I will be eligible for a $25 gift card every three months. That's a pretty good incentive! I save on parking and gas, plus get some $ back. I signed up a few minutes ago.
Yes, the summer will be a pain, but we'll deal with that when we get there.
Anyways, among all the forms and the pamphlets was two that provided incentives to walk.
First, parking at UAB for employees costs $50 a month (the last time I paid for student parking, it was $100 a year).
Second, was Commute Smart: a program that rewards you for taking cleaner alternatives to work. For the first 90 days that I am in the program, I get $1 for every day that I take a cleaner alternative to work (in my case, if I walk to work), up to $70. After the 90 day period, I will be eligible for a $25 gift card every three months. That's a pretty good incentive! I save on parking and gas, plus get some $ back. I signed up a few minutes ago.
Yes, the summer will be a pain, but we'll deal with that when we get there.

No comments:
Post a Comment