Grace had mentioned Christmas letters as a tradition to catch up with family and friends. Our conversation was the inspiration for this project.
I took 12 postcards depicting various scenes from Washington DC (that's where Grace is), added stamps (see note), and used the address labels that I receive as advertising from non-profits (this group is from WWF). I wrapped the postcard bundles, included a note about the project, and mailed the whole thing to Grace. The idea is that each month, Grace will write what she is excited about, hoping for, worried about, loving, listening to, etc... (this part was inspired by Anne B's posts) and drop it in the mail. On my side, at the beginning of the month, I will post the same list on the blog, making this project two-way. It's one more way to keep in touch with friends that live further away than we would want.
Notes:
If you don't know this, I love getting mail. Cards, letters, etc... I am hoping that my friends who are abroad (Angie, this applies to you) are reading this and will send me postcards from --insert country name here--. If only there was universal postage...
Postcards were from Zazzle. Next time, when I'm in Dallas or Nashville, I will pick up postcards from there instead of doing Zazzle.
I've had this idea for a while, but was waiting for the USPS postage to go up so I could use one stamp instead of 2 or 3, which would decrease writing space. The post office didn't have the new postcard stamps, so I had to settle for the old ones and 4 cent stamps (they were also out of the 3 cent stamp).
If this works well, guess what the out-of-town BFFs are getting at Christmas this year?!! :)
I took 12 postcards depicting various scenes from Washington DC (that's where Grace is), added stamps (see note), and used the address labels that I receive as advertising from non-profits (this group is from WWF). I wrapped the postcard bundles, included a note about the project, and mailed the whole thing to Grace. The idea is that each month, Grace will write what she is excited about, hoping for, worried about, loving, listening to, etc... (this part was inspired by Anne B's posts) and drop it in the mail. On my side, at the beginning of the month, I will post the same list on the blog, making this project two-way. It's one more way to keep in touch with friends that live further away than we would want.
Notes:
If you don't know this, I love getting mail. Cards, letters, etc... I am hoping that my friends who are abroad (Angie, this applies to you) are reading this and will send me postcards from --insert country name here--. If only there was universal postage...
Postcards were from Zazzle. Next time, when I'm in Dallas or Nashville, I will pick up postcards from there instead of doing Zazzle.
I've had this idea for a while, but was waiting for the USPS postage to go up so I could use one stamp instead of 2 or 3, which would decrease writing space. The post office didn't have the new postcard stamps, so I had to settle for the old ones and 4 cent stamps (they were also out of the 3 cent stamp).
If this works well, guess what the out-of-town BFFs are getting at Christmas this year?!! :)



Love this!! You are so creative!!
ReplyDelete