Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 in review

Lots happened in 2011. Here's a recap:
The Packers won the Superbowl
I attended my first Gordon conference
Got engaged
Got a PhD
Saw my first game at Lambeau
Saw my niece - the last time that I saw her she was 6 months old. I was at her 3 year old birthday parties (yes, she had two parties). The world is her oyster, she already speaks English, French and German
Visited with my out-of-town BFFs: Laura in Dallas (need to visit her and the triplets soon), Grace came to Boston, Susie Beth came to Birmingham
Visited La Crosse family and friends
Was away from the lab for two weeks

On the goals from last year:
1. No fast food: we cheated on this a few times especially during defense week.
2. Lose weight: still holding steady at -20. I managed to only put on 1 lb during the holidays - I don't know how, since I remember eating all the time while on vacation.
3. Eat out only once a week: on average, this worked.
4. Save money: yup, this worked.
5. Travel: visited two new states, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Three towns if we count Green Bay on Jan 1.
6. Be more social: I think this worked.
7. Become a domestic goddess: by the state of my garden and my long to-do list, this doesn't seem to have worked. But I have made some major steps in that direction, and continue to love being creative and adventurous in the kitchen.

Next post will have pictures of the holidays, and our new resolutions.

Hope that you had a great year, and that 2012 will be even better.


No comments:

Post a Comment