I sent my dissertation to my committee yesterday afternoon, and so today I'm taking a break, sorta. I went on a 3 hour shopping trip, and found some good deals.
1.Target: Tom had Uncharted 3 on his Xmas wishlist. It was on sale for $49.99. I had a coupon, get a $10 Target gift card when you spend $50. Maybe we will use the gift card for Xmas decorations or just groceries.
2. Academy Sports: I got some super comfy snow boots for Wisconsin. They were on sale too.
3. CVS: I had $5 in ECB to use by Monday. While making apple pie yesterday for Paula (more on this on Tuesday), I noticed that I had less than 1/2 cup of sugar left. So last night I checked the CVS ad, and saw that sugar was on sale, plus I had a coupon (saved $1.65 on 4 lbs). I also noticed that contact solution was $8.99, and you got $8.99 in ECB (making it free). Total spent out of pocket at CVS: $7.95. I received $9.99 in ECB ($1 ECB for my green bag tag).
So yes, this was a good start. Next, watch football, book airline tickets, clean the house.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
1.Target: Tom had Uncharted 3 on his Xmas wishlist. It was on sale for $49.99. I had a coupon, get a $10 Target gift card when you spend $50. Maybe we will use the gift card for Xmas decorations or just groceries.
2. Academy Sports: I got some super comfy snow boots for Wisconsin. They were on sale too.
3. CVS: I had $5 in ECB to use by Monday. While making apple pie yesterday for Paula (more on this on Tuesday), I noticed that I had less than 1/2 cup of sugar left. So last night I checked the CVS ad, and saw that sugar was on sale, plus I had a coupon (saved $1.65 on 4 lbs). I also noticed that contact solution was $8.99, and you got $8.99 in ECB (making it free). Total spent out of pocket at CVS: $7.95. I received $9.99 in ECB ($1 ECB for my green bag tag).
So yes, this was a good start. Next, watch football, book airline tickets, clean the house.
Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment