The weekend started great - I got to run a few errands before traffic got crazy, then set up an experiment to run overnight. Dinner, laundry, cleaning up.
Errands:
CVS: I had $1 in ECB to use before 9/12. They had a good sale on a moisturizer that Tom uses, plus I had a coupon. I had two coupons to stack for this shaving cream that I've been dying to try (after coupons it was free! my first free item!). I also got a free Mars candy bar. I saved about 52% at CVS (earlier today, I found the $1 ECB that I was supposed to use - oops). Looked at the CVS ad for this week and found something that I will go pick up tomorrow after work.
Christmas Tree Shops: When I want something, I will usually not buy it, and think about it for a while, and if I still want it, I will go back and get it. In this case, barrel planters. I got two. These will be for a craft project sometimes later. When making soup last weekend, Tom said that we needed a quart-size measuring cup. I found those there for super cheap. 2 quart Pyrex measuring thingy was $5.49. I also got a smaller one. A freezer mug in pink was 64c! And aquaglobes were 79c each (earlier we got slightly bigger ones at 3 for $10). So yeah, I was pretty proud of that trip.
Lowes: my plan was to find some potted plants and herbs for the barrel planters, but didn't find anything that I liked. Good part = no money spent :)
Dinner was a blue cheese and buffalo chicken pizza (homemade crust was amazing).
After Lee, we turned the AC off. I entertained the idea of switching it back on when the thermostat said 82 yesterday, but resisted. I attributed the fact that I was hot to regular weather. I had a headache last night, and tonight the sniffles and sore throat are showing up. And I kept falling asleep in the living room. So tonight, chicken noodle soup and lemon + honey tea (the Xmas kettle is getting a lot of use). Hopefully I didn't catch GERMS from running around town, and that it will be all ok tomorrow morning. The washing machine is putting me back to sleep as I type.
Have a great week, and stay away from GERMS!
Errands:
CVS: I had $1 in ECB to use before 9/12. They had a good sale on a moisturizer that Tom uses, plus I had a coupon. I had two coupons to stack for this shaving cream that I've been dying to try (after coupons it was free! my first free item!). I also got a free Mars candy bar. I saved about 52% at CVS (earlier today, I found the $1 ECB that I was supposed to use - oops). Looked at the CVS ad for this week and found something that I will go pick up tomorrow after work.
Christmas Tree Shops: When I want something, I will usually not buy it, and think about it for a while, and if I still want it, I will go back and get it. In this case, barrel planters. I got two. These will be for a craft project sometimes later. When making soup last weekend, Tom said that we needed a quart-size measuring cup. I found those there for super cheap. 2 quart Pyrex measuring thingy was $5.49. I also got a smaller one. A freezer mug in pink was 64c! And aquaglobes were 79c each (earlier we got slightly bigger ones at 3 for $10). So yeah, I was pretty proud of that trip.
Lowes: my plan was to find some potted plants and herbs for the barrel planters, but didn't find anything that I liked. Good part = no money spent :)
Dinner was a blue cheese and buffalo chicken pizza (homemade crust was amazing).
After Lee, we turned the AC off. I entertained the idea of switching it back on when the thermostat said 82 yesterday, but resisted. I attributed the fact that I was hot to regular weather. I had a headache last night, and tonight the sniffles and sore throat are showing up. And I kept falling asleep in the living room. So tonight, chicken noodle soup and lemon + honey tea (the Xmas kettle is getting a lot of use). Hopefully I didn't catch GERMS from running around town, and that it will be all ok tomorrow morning. The washing machine is putting me back to sleep as I type.
Have a great week, and stay away from GERMS!

No comments:
Post a Comment