Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recap

The majority of this week was marked with being sick and thus a blur. I had a fever on Monday night and Tuesday, which makes me believe that I had the flu rather than a cold. I'm feeling much better now, which means a working weekend.

Excited about the cooler weather: Pumpkin inspired food and drinks? Yes please!
This is one of my favorite beers, courtesy of Will. We can't find this beer in Birmingham. Maybe that means that we will take a trip to Kentucky at some point?








Reading science papers and the Sunday paper
Creating presentations and scienc-y stuff
Crafting barrels (or planning to): To do - Seal the barrels inside and out. Drill holes on the bottom of barrels. Paint something decorative on the outside. I'm thinking one in Packers colors (alternating slats of green and gold) and the other in LSU colors (purple with gold dots). Put some clean glass bottles on the bottom (better drainage and use less soil). One planter might hold herbs, the other tulip bulbs. I need to get a mesh to prevent the squirrels from messing with my plants.

Also check out this blog for a creative way to use planters. Maybe some day when I have all the tools I need:
http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2011/06/recycled-wine-barrel-planter/




 


Disliking being sick
Wondering whether I should plant tulip bulbs this fall
Craving seafood
Worried about my talk next month 
Hoping to have enough jalapenos from the garden to make hot sauce: three green peppers in the making; our primary jalapeno plant has about 20 flowers on it; our secondary pepper plant is doing much better in its new location. Still no flowers on it though. But everyone got a healthy dose of plant food last week.

Loving football season! Geaux Tigers! Go Pack Go!
On a side note, we were supposed to be at the Packers game today (Packers v Panthers). We both got busy and couldn't go. Here's to hoping for an epic Matthews v Newton battle. Right now, a lot of not-so-girly words have been yelled. Hopefully the Packers will bounce back.







Watching reruns of House and Bones
Listening to classic rock radio stations (I also like the new Lady Antebellum)
Cooking soup (or planning to)
Looking forward to our upcoming beach trip!
Spring 2009, Orange Beach, AL

No comments:

Post a Comment