The combination of exhilaration from our first publication (woot woot!) and atrocious, recurring migraines last Saturday had me in the house, with dim lighting, and intermittent naps.
Tom and I had been talking about football season coming up and I had said that I would be willing to make a football board.
So here it is: 20x30 board, with SEC college football and NFC teams - the teams have velcro on the back, so as we progress through the season, we have a fun way of keeping tabs on our teams progress. Some of the NFC teams got a slight name change by Tom. We are still trying to find a way to put the board up on the wall - the downfall of a rental unit.
I took that opportunity to take a few pictures of other crafts that have been completed. For a few weeks the coffee table in the living room had a 1000 piece puzzle in progress. Once completed, right before my trip to Newport, I wanted to frame it. Two trips to the framing store later, a mess with glue-ing the puzzle to the board, it was finally completed two weeks ago. The frame is currently on my bedroom floor, waiting for a way to hang it (common theme of this post).
Also, about 1.5 years ago, Tom got super upset at me. We were hanging out at his place, and I accidentally broke a frame. It wasn't just a frame. Ms. Laurie had framed his signed Brewers T-shirt. I apologized profusely, and said that I would fix it. Fast forward to now. It finally got framed again, and sits on his sports shelf in his bedroom. It is a big step for him to let me organize his bedroom, and we're getting there. My hopes are to get the pictures on that shelf framed in a collage.
I also have been a terrible friend this summer. I didn't get Laura's birthday mailed until this week (about a month late) and Grace's graduation present is about 3 months late. I completely forgot Jennifer's birthday (about a week late) and will be making amends today, as I take a quick break and we get pedis. I hope that she will like her gifts.
Grace finished law school and is now in DC. She met us in Boston for a day and we had a lot of fun. I made her this framed art, from the Wordle website. You type in words and the words that appear the most are in bigger letters.
This is the previous T-shirt frame. I have to clean its back, it has either some kind of mildew or got some humidity damage. This will be for the next time I get inspired.
Tom and I had been talking about football season coming up and I had said that I would be willing to make a football board.
So here it is: 20x30 board, with SEC college football and NFC teams - the teams have velcro on the back, so as we progress through the season, we have a fun way of keeping tabs on our teams progress. Some of the NFC teams got a slight name change by Tom. We are still trying to find a way to put the board up on the wall - the downfall of a rental unit.
I took that opportunity to take a few pictures of other crafts that have been completed. For a few weeks the coffee table in the living room had a 1000 piece puzzle in progress. Once completed, right before my trip to Newport, I wanted to frame it. Two trips to the framing store later, a mess with glue-ing the puzzle to the board, it was finally completed two weeks ago. The frame is currently on my bedroom floor, waiting for a way to hang it (common theme of this post).
Also, about 1.5 years ago, Tom got super upset at me. We were hanging out at his place, and I accidentally broke a frame. It wasn't just a frame. Ms. Laurie had framed his signed Brewers T-shirt. I apologized profusely, and said that I would fix it. Fast forward to now. It finally got framed again, and sits on his sports shelf in his bedroom. It is a big step for him to let me organize his bedroom, and we're getting there. My hopes are to get the pictures on that shelf framed in a collage.
I also have been a terrible friend this summer. I didn't get Laura's birthday mailed until this week (about a month late) and Grace's graduation present is about 3 months late. I completely forgot Jennifer's birthday (about a week late) and will be making amends today, as I take a quick break and we get pedis. I hope that she will like her gifts.
Grace finished law school and is now in DC. She met us in Boston for a day and we had a lot of fun. I made her this framed art, from the Wordle website. You type in words and the words that appear the most are in bigger letters.
This is the previous T-shirt frame. I have to clean its back, it has either some kind of mildew or got some humidity damage. This will be for the next time I get inspired.

No comments:
Post a Comment