Lately, my days have been full of meetings and Friday was no different. Earlier in the day, I had joked with our admin that all this running didn't even get me a balloon. What a surprise to come back to my cube in between meetings to find this:
After work, I met up with a co-worker and checked out a burger joint in my part of town. At 12: 10 am -ish, Tom landed in Boston and I picked him up from the airport.
Saturday started early - we toured 11 apartments trying to find our next rental, starting at 10 am and skipping lunch. We found one that had everything we were looking for and by 4 pm we were tired and done. We got a late lunch/early dinner, then stopped by the Home Depot where Tom got me a snow shovel and a snow brush.
Sunday started early again to meet the owner of the house and sign the lease! So we have a place!
We then went to hangout with family and watched the Packers game. Tom's aunt, Katy, had a birthday about two weeks ago and I knew that she wouldn't let me treat her to lunch. So instead, on Sunday, a bit late, she received a cowl from the merino wool I had purchased.
We traded gifts as she had a nice cookbook and spices for my birthday that I can't wait to try. She had also ordered a chocolate cake and a raspberry mousse cake. Yum!
And soon again, it was Monday morning 5 am, and Tom had to go and my meetings had to start again.


No comments:
Post a Comment