A lot of crocheting has been happening. I have one project almost done (can't show it until Xmas).
So remember these potholders from previous posts?
So, I had left the red one in Bham during the move but knew how many stitches I had, so made the blue one in Boston. So these are part one and part two. Then, I had to make an emergency 24 hour visit to Birmingham and amidst the travel delay, started working on part 3, the yellow potholder. I finish the yellow one on the flight back to Boston and brought the red one back too. When I measured them, the yellow and red ones were almost the same size. The blue one was bigger.
Bummer. So I made another blue one this week and will keep the previous, larger one for another project.
On Friday, I had a Bones marathon and four episodes later, this happened:
I ran out of green yarn for part 4 of 4, with less than a fifth to go. Noes! I don't have the label anymore but I'm pretty sure this was from Hancock Fabrics, which doesn't have a store-front here. Since I will be going back next week, I will have to stop in and get another skein. Fingers crossed that they have the same green.
So a sneak peak at this project: 4 potholders in the colors (close to) of the Mauritian flag. In the picture, it looks like they are not the same size but they are (or at least very very close). These will go to my cousin who is getting married in December.
I've also been working on another project and after measuring on Friday, I now know that I will run out of that color yarn as well. Also I figured that my gauge isn't right. I increased the number of stitches because I was afraid of the fit and it turned out to be the same length as the pattern. Go figure.
So remember these potholders from previous posts?
So, I had left the red one in Bham during the move but knew how many stitches I had, so made the blue one in Boston. So these are part one and part two. Then, I had to make an emergency 24 hour visit to Birmingham and amidst the travel delay, started working on part 3, the yellow potholder. I finish the yellow one on the flight back to Boston and brought the red one back too. When I measured them, the yellow and red ones were almost the same size. The blue one was bigger.
Bummer. So I made another blue one this week and will keep the previous, larger one for another project.
On Friday, I had a Bones marathon and four episodes later, this happened:
I ran out of green yarn for part 4 of 4, with less than a fifth to go. Noes! I don't have the label anymore but I'm pretty sure this was from Hancock Fabrics, which doesn't have a store-front here. Since I will be going back next week, I will have to stop in and get another skein. Fingers crossed that they have the same green.
So a sneak peak at this project: 4 potholders in the colors (close to) of the Mauritian flag. In the picture, it looks like they are not the same size but they are (or at least very very close). These will go to my cousin who is getting married in December.
I've also been working on another project and after measuring on Friday, I now know that I will run out of that color yarn as well. Also I figured that my gauge isn't right. I increased the number of stitches because I was afraid of the fit and it turned out to be the same length as the pattern. Go figure.

No comments:
Post a Comment