Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!


This week we are feeling especially loved.
We received a very cute handmade Valentine's card from BFF Grace.
Then we received an amazing email from Iowa Kelly - a gift certificate to our favorite restaurant, the Fish Market. This was so thoughtful because on the Dukan diet, I can't eat at most restaurants, although I am willing to cheat a little, and while on this diet, I have given up alcohol. I did have a martini during workshop week, a few glasses of wine at this swanky Mountain Brook engagement party that we went to on Saturday and a wonderful concoction during snow day. Tom looked especially hot with dress pants and sports coat. 

Then we received this box from Grace and her hubby. In it, a handmade sign, with our wedding vows and a painting of us in our wedding outfits under our big umbrella. There were also two very beautiful crystal martini glasses. Yes, the reading camping bears were our cake topper.
 

On a personal note, hubby was super helpful on Wednesday when we both stayed home and I had to work on my book chapter - he took care of things around the house and made supper: a nice hearty beef stew. 

While we don't really celebrate Valentine's day, to our friends and family, we may not say or show it enough, we love you and we are so grateful to have you in our lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment