We had such a fun 2012. I got a fantastic job, we got married, I saw my parents and my sister, we saw Tom's parents four times, we went to Alaska and I was able to visit my three cities (two new states). I'm excited for 2013, with our two wedding receptions and seeing family and friends.
I assume that it's time to talk about resolutions and without surprises, they are similar to the past two years.
1. Financial stability.
Subpart 1. Big items - we have two huge ticket items this year, our wedding receptions in the US and then in Mauritius.
Subpart 2: we will be on the job market soon with Tom's anticipated graduation date fast approaching. We need to have a good cushion in case one or both of us end up jobless. If we both have jobs, we need to start considering a house.
2. Be healthy.
I wasn't pleased when I put on 10 pounds in the past year. My colleagues and I are participating in the Scale Back Alabama challenge, which consists of losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks. We start on January 23. I also started to walk to work, which surprisingly takes me less time than when I drive and Kelly and I had so far one Sunday walk on the Vulcan Trail (2.5 miles).
3. Travel
Still three new places preferably in three new states.
4. Finally get the master bedroom organized and decorated
Our master bedroom has retained the charm of being Tom's bedroom (come on, we don't really need to have a bike in the bedroom especially when it has a flat tire and has been in the same spot for a couple of years).
Last year wasn't very successful so hopefully this year will be better :)
I assume that it's time to talk about resolutions and without surprises, they are similar to the past two years.
1. Financial stability.
Subpart 1. Big items - we have two huge ticket items this year, our wedding receptions in the US and then in Mauritius.
Subpart 2: we will be on the job market soon with Tom's anticipated graduation date fast approaching. We need to have a good cushion in case one or both of us end up jobless. If we both have jobs, we need to start considering a house.
2. Be healthy.
I wasn't pleased when I put on 10 pounds in the past year. My colleagues and I are participating in the Scale Back Alabama challenge, which consists of losing 10 pounds in 10 weeks. We start on January 23. I also started to walk to work, which surprisingly takes me less time than when I drive and Kelly and I had so far one Sunday walk on the Vulcan Trail (2.5 miles).
3. Travel
Still three new places preferably in three new states.
4. Finally get the master bedroom organized and decorated
Our master bedroom has retained the charm of being Tom's bedroom (come on, we don't really need to have a bike in the bedroom especially when it has a flat tire and has been in the same spot for a couple of years).
Last year wasn't very successful so hopefully this year will be better :)

No comments:
Post a Comment