Today I am thankful for taking on this project. Over the past 30 days, even on those days that I didn't post, I kept thinking of all the people, opportunities, adventures, things that I/we have been blessed with. After each post, I had a sense of peace, the type that comes from keeping a positive attitude. I cannot promise to always have a positive attitude but hopefully I will be able to re-direct my energy to people and things that do matter.
I am also thankful for UAB. No, my story with UAB wasn't one of love at first sight but it has grown on me. I met Tom here, got a degree here, and met some wonderful people here. UAB also offered me a good job, with amazing co-workers who become closer friends everyday and a supportive mentor. A lot of what I do now wouldn't have been possible without the International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS, they have a new name now). From handling my paperwork when I was a student to providing much needed advice with my green card application. And yes, I am thankful that I am a resident of the US.

No comments:
Post a Comment