Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I apologize for the absence of posts - I just haven't felt like blogging for a while, especially since I switched to mostly the iPad and my laptop is usually connected to the TV to stream shows and football games.
 
Pizza night - we tried the two-pound pizza dough recipe for our bread maker since we wanted to make deep dish pizza. We pre-baked the dough, and Tom didn't like the way the round one looked, so I turned it into cheesy garlic bread. The pizza has pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions. 









Then, you know what they say about not going shopping when you're hungry? Well I didn't listen and ended with these pork florentine at Publix. Just put in the oven and 40 minutes later, dinner was ready. We had grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes as sides. It was super yummy!

Last night, I was craving Indian food. I made Mauritian chicken curry (except that I didn't use peas since I didn't have any). I served this with cardamon and cinnamon rice and lettuce. I made extra rice because I wanted to make rice pudding (or kheer, rice cooked in milk) but the milk in the fridge was expired. Maybe we'll have fried rice at some point this week.

We also had baked lemon fish and shrimp pasta at some point but I didn't take any pictures.
And finally, the last of our pepper pickles. Yes, I was lazy and didn't peel the labels off these jars before using them. They had been previously washed. 
I saved a few peppers since Tom had been talking about Jalapeno vodka.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment