Saturday, June 23, 2012

What we've been up to

This week flew by - but here's are the important parts (and some whining):
Our friend, Chris is visiting from Philadelphia. He was part of Tom's soccer team and this weekend is the Sports Festival, an annual soccer tournament.
Our friends, Brian and Anne are also in town for a wedding from Milwaukee. I had a great time seeing them last night at dinner and meeting their super-adorable one year old daughter, Ellie. It was fun to hang out with the group and we also discovered a new fun game that combines Pictionary and telephone.
I'm also trying a new beer, Shock Top Raspberry Wheat.


Here comes the whining:
Today started well, the men ate breakfast, pack their gear and left. I got ready to run errands (there are some good crafting deals at the stores today), packed my purse, and then saw this:

Bummer! No idea when it happened. My neighbor said it sadly looks fun, and I agree. I think there was probably a chip in the window that I wasn't aware of, and when the temperature got really high (we are forecast for a 95 degree high today, no idea how high the heat index is). It didn't break open, so nothing was taken out of the car.
The other sad thing, this happened on a Saturday when shops are all closed. But I did call it in and it will get fixed on Monday. Since it's below my deductible, this will be an out-of-pocket expense, which probably means I'll have to wait for a little longer before I can purchase my new tablet.
The next sad thing is that I don't have much crafting supplies (hence I was going to the craft store) and it is super hot outside, as in Kajal will be super cranky if she has to do yard work. And I'm not sure whether I should drive with this. So I'll probably stay in, turn the AC way down (okay, maybe only to 76 degrees), and drink my Shock Top. Yummy beer!

2 comments:

  1. Since it's the rear window I would think you could drive (maybe not interstate) as long as you don't try to pass too much :)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed:)

    ReplyDelete