Monday, May 21, 2012

May recap

It's been busy with major events, hence no posts for about 3 weeks.
1. My parents came to visit
They spent about 10 days in Birmingham; we visited Louisiana (Baton Rouge and New Orleans) for 3 days; they spent 3 days in Washington DC, and are currently in New York city for 3 days, before heading to Paris for a week. There were several dinner and lunch parties. We had some good food, and now they can put faces, names, and stories together.
2. Jennifer was awesome at pushing the review paper, which was accepted two weeks ago. That makes it 3 first-authored papers. I hope to have a middle-authored paper by the end of this summer.
3. I participated in commencement.
4. Tom and I got married in a private ceremony. Since international travel is tricky, we decided to get married this year while my parents were here. Tom's parents were also present. The day couldn't have been more perfect. We were joined by our best friends and often thought of our siblings, who couldn't be in attendance. I know that there were some ruffled feathers but at the end of the day, we did what we know is right, with the full support of our parents. We will still have our wedding reception next year as planned. We are figuring out the logistics of a vow renewal and which traditions we will keep. Some of the DIY aspects included the bouquet, the boutonnieres and hairpieces, earrings for the ladies, boxes for the earrings, the garter, and make-up. Tom wore a Green Bay Packer tie and all the men had green and yellow matching ties. Tom's mom and I got our hair done at DnL hair studio - I am a fan! We had a fantastic photographer and I can't wait to see the professional pictures. Until we get these, here are a few, taken by Laura and my dad, sorry that some of them are blurry.











No comments:

Post a Comment