Sunday, May 27, 2012

Long weekend recap

Memorial weekend, so far has been very relaxing.
Friday - we had breakfast for dinner (eggs and some very delicious bacon). We finally opened Kane and Lynch 2 for the PS3. We had purchased the game several months ago and picked it up because it had a multiplayer option. Six hours later, we beat the game.
Saturday - We both slept in, although I woke up three hours earlier than Tom. I took care of some gardening, and then enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee and a banana, while catching up on Real Simple magazines. Garden update: the oak tree that I thought was an oak tree turned out to be a dahlia. The ones I remember were yellow, so I'm going to still think that this was placed by a squirrel.


My new reading nook
We had a late lunch, and indulged with eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns with an herbed sour cream.Tom picked up Angry Orchard Apple Cider - very yummy and Kajal approved.


We later met up with my BFF Susie Beth and her husband Jarrod (visiting for the long weekend from Nashville), to watch the Avengers in 3D. Chantelle, my co-worker and friend, also joined us. The movie was awesome, one of the best we have seen yet. If you haven't seen it yet, wait - there are two scenes after the credits.
Tom and I went to the Fish Market for dinner yum! On the way home, we picked up the latest Mission Impossible movie from the Redbox (gotta love $1 movie rentals).
Today - another day of sleeping in. I read the newspapers and more magazines with a cup of yummy tea and cupcakes. I had some rewards points to spend at Officemax and decided that Tom needed a new laptop cooler. Impulsive decision: Lowes. We went in and got several plants from their clearance racks, petunias, begonias, and marigolds. We are hoping that our thumbs are green enough to nurse these plants back to health. We also stopped by Walmart and got some more planters. The balcony garden has been reorganized and the plants watered. I'll take some pictures for a later post.
For dinner tonight, we are using leftovers. We have an uncooked steak in the freezer and tomatoes, asparagus, cucumber, and lettuce in the fridge. We're hoping that the indulging from the past couple of days will be offset by a healthier dinner tonight. We are also watching the National Memorial Day concert on PBS - a mix of music and history.
Tomorrow will be chores, more relaxing, and reading.
I hope that your Memorial weekend is going great.

No comments:

Post a Comment