Happy Chinese New Year!
My sister taught me to say it in mandarin: xin nian kuai le (In Mauritian Chinese: Kung Chee Fat Choy)
Hope that the year of the Dragon brings you happiness and prosperity.
Tom and I went to Mr. Chen's for dinner and had a very nice meal. Tom was more adventurous, ordering spicy pig ear as appetizer and the "boiled beef in hot oil". I had steamed dumplings and Kung Pao shrimp. Oh it was so good. I also set a Chinese New Year resolution: for the next Chinese new year celebration, I will make a variety of dumplings, dim sum style. Also, we want to institute an ethnic food day: once a month, try a new ethnic restaurant. While this wasn't our first visit to Mr. Chen's, we will count this as the first month. Ideas for the other places: Iguana Grill; the new Indian place on Hwy 280; some Japanese grill; Cafe de Paris; etc... Any suggestions?
My sister taught me to say it in mandarin: xin nian kuai le (In Mauritian Chinese: Kung Chee Fat Choy)
Hope that the year of the Dragon brings you happiness and prosperity.
Tom and I went to Mr. Chen's for dinner and had a very nice meal. Tom was more adventurous, ordering spicy pig ear as appetizer and the "boiled beef in hot oil". I had steamed dumplings and Kung Pao shrimp. Oh it was so good. I also set a Chinese New Year resolution: for the next Chinese new year celebration, I will make a variety of dumplings, dim sum style. Also, we want to institute an ethnic food day: once a month, try a new ethnic restaurant. While this wasn't our first visit to Mr. Chen's, we will count this as the first month. Ideas for the other places: Iguana Grill; the new Indian place on Hwy 280; some Japanese grill; Cafe de Paris; etc... Any suggestions?

No comments:
Post a Comment