Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer craft

Last Xmas, I received a new set of much needed baking trays. I had a shiny smaller tray that after a few rounds of cooking and dishwasher washing, had started rusting. Off it went to the craft pile for when I had something in mind. I first painted the tray with a few coats of black paint, then I remembered that Laurie had sent Tom a few newspapers from La Crosse with great shots of the Packers and thought of a way to use the pictures. I found some decoupage glue and sealer at Hobby Lobby and started on my craft.
Finished product:
My phone is just there for scale. This needs to finish drying and setting for a week or so. It may replace my very girly damask plate receptacle that is currently used to hold cell phones, keys, miscellaneous pocket items etc... Alternatively, since it is supposed to be water resistant, it could be used as a serving tray. We'll see - thank you Laurie for saving all the newspapers and sending them!

No comments:

Post a Comment