Maybe I'm just a huge science nerd, but I was totally amazed by the creativity of this lady: http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/
Check out this post: http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/2009/11/biology-cookies-petri-dish.html
Tom and I have already talked about modifying this recipe for Janet's next party.
Speaking of Tom, he presented at lab meeting last Friday, and it is customary for the presenter to bring a treat. I had a cake mix ready or could make some oatmeal coconut crisps. Then we also had rice krispies - Tom without any hesitation wanted rice krispie treats (he LOVES these). A little bit of history, the only time I had those was at the UAB cafeteria and hated them (too sweet). Tom made me change my mind when he pushed me to make them for a previous lab meeting. I now eat the homemade ones, plus they are so easy to make!
Anyways, Tom was a bit stressed last week, between getting ready for the AZ conference (talk and poster) and presenting lab meeting. This welcomed him home late Thursday night:
Also, I had quite a chuckle when I saw this on the marshmallow packaging:

No comments:
Post a Comment