Every year, I set goals for the year - and come this time of the year, I usually give in and say, there's always next year. For those who know me, I need someone to do it with me and/or push me, push me a lot! Well, I'm glad to say that there are a few goals this year, and they seem to be well on track.
Goal 1: No fast food.
On our way out of Wisconsin, Tom and I decided that we would not eat fast food for the month of January. Did we have fast food? Yes, but on Feb 12th! I am excluding Subway and the time that Paula and I went to Pop's Delis in Five Points for her birthday and I had a burger. So, I'll say this was ok.
Goal 2: Lose weight.
I put on a few pounds when I worked my second job. I always had meetings, and the only time that worked for meetings, were lunch or dinner meetings. Consequence = eat out almost every meals. I could afford it, so why not? Well the pounds added up. Goal: Lose 10 lbs. On Monday, got on the scale. Drum roll. Pounds lost so far: 17 LBS!!!! So new goal 2: Lose 4 more lbs.
Strategy: eat out less (see goal 3 below), cook healthy food, bring in lunch, have a healthy snack drawer, a few workouts when I can, eating half tablespoon of ice cream every so often instead of a bowl, and walking to work almost every day (except on weekends, when we have horizontal rain, and at times on Mondays because of night class).
Goal 3: Eat out only once a week.
I love Surin, Taj's and Sitar, Newks etc... but because of the lbs (goal 2), and not having a second job (less money), I decided to eat out only once a week. I think on average, I've eaten 0-1 times a week. Today, we went to Newks for lunch. So no more this week.
Goal 4: Save money.
I've gradually worked my way out of debt and my second job had afforded me a lot of flexibility: shopping and travel. It was always the debate: having money but no time or having time but no money (although now that I'm getting ready to graduate, I don't have time either). Anyways, I have a goal to have x amount in savings by the time I defend. I already have 80% of this - so working on the last 20%
Goal 5: Travel.
It's my life goal to visit all 50 states of the US and I want to achieve this by visiting 3 new places every year. Last year, it was Minneapolis, La Crosse, Denver, and San Diego. Minnesota and Wisconsin were two new states.
So far this year, I haven't been anywhere new. This year, I'm going to Rhode Island for a conference, and will stop in Boston. Third place, don't know yet. Maybe the Carolinas?
Goal 6: Be more social.
New friendships, forged over Packer power. Enuf said. Rekindling old friendships. Went to the penthouse for the first time in almost 2 years. Talking more to the family.
Goal 7: Become a domestic goddess.
OK - I'm the domesticated type. But I want a garden. Full of veggies and flowers. Cook more confidently, and adventure (fits with goals 2 and 3). Let's see what happens.
So resolutions and goals this year: WINNING!
Goal 1: No fast food.
On our way out of Wisconsin, Tom and I decided that we would not eat fast food for the month of January. Did we have fast food? Yes, but on Feb 12th! I am excluding Subway and the time that Paula and I went to Pop's Delis in Five Points for her birthday and I had a burger. So, I'll say this was ok.
Goal 2: Lose weight.
I put on a few pounds when I worked my second job. I always had meetings, and the only time that worked for meetings, were lunch or dinner meetings. Consequence = eat out almost every meals. I could afford it, so why not? Well the pounds added up. Goal: Lose 10 lbs. On Monday, got on the scale. Drum roll. Pounds lost so far: 17 LBS!!!! So new goal 2: Lose 4 more lbs.
Strategy: eat out less (see goal 3 below), cook healthy food, bring in lunch, have a healthy snack drawer, a few workouts when I can, eating half tablespoon of ice cream every so often instead of a bowl, and walking to work almost every day (except on weekends, when we have horizontal rain, and at times on Mondays because of night class).
Goal 3: Eat out only once a week.
I love Surin, Taj's and Sitar, Newks etc... but because of the lbs (goal 2), and not having a second job (less money), I decided to eat out only once a week. I think on average, I've eaten 0-1 times a week. Today, we went to Newks for lunch. So no more this week.
Goal 4: Save money.
I've gradually worked my way out of debt and my second job had afforded me a lot of flexibility: shopping and travel. It was always the debate: having money but no time or having time but no money (although now that I'm getting ready to graduate, I don't have time either). Anyways, I have a goal to have x amount in savings by the time I defend. I already have 80% of this - so working on the last 20%
Goal 5: Travel.
It's my life goal to visit all 50 states of the US and I want to achieve this by visiting 3 new places every year. Last year, it was Minneapolis, La Crosse, Denver, and San Diego. Minnesota and Wisconsin were two new states.
So far this year, I haven't been anywhere new. This year, I'm going to Rhode Island for a conference, and will stop in Boston. Third place, don't know yet. Maybe the Carolinas?
Goal 6: Be more social.
New friendships, forged over Packer power. Enuf said. Rekindling old friendships. Went to the penthouse for the first time in almost 2 years. Talking more to the family.
Goal 7: Become a domestic goddess.
OK - I'm the domesticated type. But I want a garden. Full of veggies and flowers. Cook more confidently, and adventure (fits with goals 2 and 3). Let's see what happens.
So resolutions and goals this year: WINNING!

No comments:
Post a Comment