Tom and I went to the Institute’s (http://southernresearch.org/) holiday party, followed by Chantelle’s birthday party, where I was excited to see BFF Nate.
The first Christmas at the house was nice. Tom surprised me by putting blue lights on the tree (I don’t like lit trees usually) and I actually liked it. Santa came early and dropped off our gifts <3
We left for La Crosse, Wisconsin for Christmas, prepared for the 15 hour drive. There was snow, a lot of snow, but it wasn’t as cold as I expected it to be. It was awesome being in Packer territory, during football season. We went to Sloopy’s bar, where our friend Caleb works. They have a burger, topped with bacon, cheese, and batter fried cheese curd – try it if you’re in the area, it’s called the Westby Burger, and is not on the menu. It was nice to see Derek, Jared F, Jared V and his wife Sam.
Christmas at the Larsons was OMG fantastic and relaxing. Tom, the grill master, cooked steaks in the snow for the Xmas eve’s dinner, and Laurie (Tom’s mom) made a wonderful standing prime rib roast. And the gifts the next day!
Then on Monday December 26, Tom’s sister, Mary got married.
Then like all good things come to an end, we left for Sweet Home Alabama, with a car full of gifts, beer, and cheese, and hearts full of happiness and gratitude, and lots of memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment